Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Write About This App!

Write About This Free is an app that I just started to explore with a student in 4th grade. I have been searching for an app like this one for a long time! The app is for elementary students. Students can choose more than 50 prompts (text or voice) on the free version or you can create your own. The prompts were created by teachers who had the Common Core State Standards in mind. A teacher named Brad Wilson created the app. The app is a visual writing prompt. In the settings you can change the prompt level to 1, 2, or 3. You can also add your email address as the default email and all of your student's writing pieces will be sent to you. It is really easy for students to publish and to share. This app can be used as a journal in your classroom. If you click on "random" you can scroll through tons of writing prompts. Students can have the prompt read aloud to them and they can use the picture that is provided for ideas. Below are screenshots I took from Write About This Free on my iPad. I have my iPad set to prompt level 3.

Please let me know if you would like to use this app in your classroom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment